Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's a BOY!

At 22 weeks, we found out our "little bean" is a boy! It was such a surprise, because literally every single person we had talked to about the gender of the baby said it was a girl...EVERYone (and yes, this includes me). As the ultrasound technician swung around to take a look at the bottom half of our little one, she said, "And here are little boy parts," and I said, "What kind of parts?!?!" Immediately, Oliver's mom, Kristin Franklin, Oliver, and I sort of gave an excited, surprised yell, and the ultrasound tech. had to quiet us down! Oliver described the shock as a "punch in the stomach." He didn't mean it in a bad way, of course...He was crying tears of joy, as were we all.

I have to say, going from thinking your baby is a girl to knowing he is a boy takes a little bit of transition. I sort of questioned my "motherly intuition," but it is true that I began accidentally referring to the baby as "he" and "him" from early on. Certainly, I am not in the least disappointed that we are having a boy. I look forward to doing all kinds of little boy things with him, watching him with his father, and getting to go golfing with grandpa. Most importantly, he is healthy, apparently pretty strong (judging by the kicks hah), and cute as a button.

Here is an ultrasound picture of his "little man parts," as I like to call them:

0 comments:

Post a Comment