Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Latest Meal Obsession

Oh my goodness, I cannot get enough of this meal!  I make it in bulk, and heat it up for days and days.  Those of you who have been pregnant understand these "kicks."  I'm sure that at some point, I will be heating some up and suddenly want to vomit just thinking about eating it.  This happened with spaghetti in my first trimester.

So, here is the procedure...No exact measurements with me (as usual).  Good thing I don't do much baking...I would be terrible.

Start some farfalle noodles boiling.  Use 2 bags of whatever frozen veggies you feel like.  I've done broccoli+corn, sugar snap peas+a stir fry mix of veggies, peas+green beans...Basically, whatever I have in the freezer.  Cook those according to their respective microwave, stove, or skillet directions.  Drain off the water.  While they are cooking, heat some extra virgin olive oil in a wok (or big skillet), along with a bunch of minced garlic (you'll need to add more oil as you go).   Dump the veggies into the wok.  Add a bunch of Italian seasoning and whatever else you feel like (I add some curry powder).  When the noodles are finished, drain and combine in the wok.  You'll probably need to add a bit more oil to cover the noodles.  Serve covered in parmesan :)  It's fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration. I made some for myself tonight using whole wheat bow tie pasta, asparagas and wild mushrooms! It was so good! Thanks for the idea. I'm excited to bring some to work tomorrow for lunch and I just know all my coworkers will get one wiff and be so jealous!

    ReplyDelete