Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why, Yes CVS!

A few months ago, I started couponing. I must admit: There are times where I fail...miserably. My dear fellow couponing friends have heard of these epic failures :) As humiliating as these fiascos have been, they pale in comparison to the thrill and glorious sense of victory in my successes. There have now been many-a-time where I have saved OVER HALF of my grocery bill, getting something like $140 worth of groceries for $60. Possibly more satisfying than the grocery store victories are the drugstore victories. Oh boy, do I love CVS. After making a couple initial out of pocket purchases to build up glorious little things called Extra Care Bucks, you literally never have to spend money getting many toiletries again by simply spending your Extra Care Bucks on products that will earn you the same amount of Extra Care Bucks you spend. I'm not going to go into the whole system in this post, but trust me here. It's amazing! I've gotten so, so many necessary toiletries and things from CVS for totally free and many, many more for under $1. Free (FREE!) things I've gotten at CVS: shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving cream, body wash, tampons, floss, medicines, makeup, candy, contact solution, deoderant, different hair products like mousse and hair spray, air freshener, cleaning products, scissors, pens, razors, and probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head. So, this week's victory was especially rewarding. I was able to get TWO rechargable toothbrushes (retail $25) for FREE! Why, yes CVS...I do believe I will take those fancy pants electric toothbrushes off your hands...Thank you very much!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: