Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Favorite Things 3

Prior "Favorite Things" posts:  My Favorite Things 1 & My Favorite Things 2

Tervis Tumbler - This thing is fantastic.  What coffee drinkers out there aren't sick of their coffee getting too cold in about 2 minutes?  I mean, it's an epidemic.  How many minutes have we all wasted heating up cold coffee?  (I realize I'm starting to sound like a spokesperson here.)  Here's the deal with the Tervis Tumbler...  It keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.  It's dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe.  It doesn't condensate=no more coasters (not that we use coasters at our house anyway).  (I took this straight from their website):  Tervis tumblers are virtually indestructible. They won’t crack, melt, shatter, or chip.  If, for some reason I cannot imagine, something does go wrong with it, it is guaranteed for life....LIFE, people.  Click here for more product info.  They cost about $13 with the lid, and you can buy them at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Some come with hot lids (the coffee lid type that slides open and closed), but you can also get a "cold" lid with a straw, if you're into straws.  You can get them in SO MANY different designs, it's a bit overwhelming...team logos, seasonal, beach, initials, fun designs, etc.  I must say, I have about a bazillion mugs and never use any of them anymore because I always drink my coffee out of my Tervis Tumbler.
Southernsavers.com- I save so, so much money because of this woman's blog.  I'm not going to go into all the details of couponing here, as this website can explain it much better than I can.  But, the basic idea is that you buy the Sunday paper for the coupons and Jenny (the southernsavers.com blogger) posts amazing lists for each grocery store each week listing the items that are on sale, along with each items corresponding available coupons (as well as WHERE TO GO TO GET THEM....the coupon insert name and date or coupon website).  All you have to do is click on the items you plan to buy at the store and press print for a wonderful printable shopping list.  Then, you take that printed list and go clip or print the corresponding coupons, and VOILA!  You have saved a load of cash.  I'm talking about saving about HALF of your grocery bill between the sales, buy one get one deals, and coupons....and it is so rewarding!

Queen Anne's Lace - Yeah, yeah...It's a weed.  I know.  It's just one of my absolute favorite flowers, along with peonies and poppies.  Maybe it's childhood memories, or maybe it's because Queen Anne's Lace is beautiful.  Now that I'm thinking of my 3 favorite flowers, I think I'll just post pictures of each of them here.
  

You know, I don't think about flowers enough anymore.  They're good for the soul.

More later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment